Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Read-a-thon

I am a huge fan of reading. I love it. I love the fact that you can get away for a while in your imagination. The problem is I get so engrossed with the story that nothing else exists in my world. What kids? What chores? Laundry? and when I find a good book and a good author I will read those books until there is no more of that author to read, and them I am stumped. I was explaining this dilemma to my friend Shaunte and she told me about an author she likes, Janet Evanovich, so I truck my butt to the library and I check out a few of these books.

The first book is called One for the Money. It is one of 14 in a series. People I am telling you these books are so stinking funny that I find myself laughing outloud. Do you know how embarassing it is to be reading in a room by yourself and all of a sudden you just can't hold it inside and you break out it laughter. My kids think I am crazy. Why are you laughing at a dumb book? Well it is because there is some funny $@#! in these books.

The other problem I have with reading is the fact that if there is a series, I have to read them all.. like within a few days. I can't wait I am to impatient. I want to keep reading and reading. Well the Lehi library did not have this whole series available and I was not going to wait until they were returned. So I called my sister Nat in A.F. and I wanted her to sneak me in their library so I could get all the books in the series. Jammie, my other sister, later informed me that there was this new thing were if you werea resident of Lehi, P.G. or A.F. you could use your library card at all these libraries. Awesome. Now I could go into that library without feeling all suspicious, like they new I wasn't supposed to be there and they were gonna ban me from libraries everywhere. I think Nat was a little happy about that to. I think she felt weird cuz I was checking out naughty books, and if they were late she was probably afraid they would announce to the world that Natilie K. reads naughty books. I told her she would like them, she just had to skim the naughty parts, she just shakes her head at me when I say this.

So off I went to A.F. library because they are far superior to our own Lehi library(I was told this by an A.F. librarian) and checked out all 13 books in this series. #14 was just released in hardcover, I am patiently waiting for it to be on the library shelf, hopefully when I return the others it will be there. I did this on Monday and I am starting on #12. I have been reading 2-3 books a day. A day people, I can't get enough. My head hurts, my eyes ache and I want more. She better start writing faster.

11 comments:

The Brooks Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Brooks Family said...

Oh! and one word: PARAGRAPHS

Natilie said...

Okay - first I don't care what kind of books you read. Second - it is not the fact that you are checking out naughty books on my card, it is the fact that I have to get off my ass and take you to the library. I AM that lazy. And third - Paragraphs!!! You read enough, you should know what they are!!!!

Oh, and way to blow my anonymity on blog land by announcing my true name to the public!

Natilie said...

P.S. It's not the fact that they are naughty - it is the fact that everything you recommend has the same cheap storyline. Ie: girl gets in trouble, runs away, meets a hot Texan cowboy, prince, mafia, whatever - is initially repelled by him and stubbornly refuses his advances, an impossible circumstance throws them together, they fall in love, one hurts the other, then they reunite. Blah, blah, blah. Oh wait, that's a good idea - I think I will write a book!

The Brooks Family said...

What!? Nat (LAST NAME HAS BEEN REMOVED TO PROTECT HER BLOGGING ANONYMITY) reads naughty books!? I'm telling everyone I know!!

Mag Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mag Family said...

dont talk about books the books u 2read are dumb.
from colton

Mag Family said...

Ya you go Colton my moms books are better than yours! So put a sock in it .Mom dont listen to them. Ones pregnant so so her brain is working funny and one dosnt know what shes talking about. Love Kinzie!

Jenn said...

I love this author too!! Have you tried Sophie Kinsella, the shopaholic series,you will love it too!! I know all about reading until all hours of the night and having a eye headache. I can't wait until the new Twilight book comes out...

brinkworth bunch said...

when you are done with the best 14 books you will ever read go for motor mouth and metro girl by the same author, also her between the numbers is also really good.

Unknown said...

HA!
So...are you a Ranger or Morelli girl, cause frankly, I would like a nice snadwich of both of them...

I am on the list for 14, and you know I will have it read in like a day. I will send 'er over, as soon as the library calls.

And those Sophie Kinsella books are funny. Not as good as these, but funny. Our library only has two of them. Sigh.