Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Newest Member of Our Family!


I would like to introduce you to the newest member of the Magnusson family. We brought him home with us on July 2nd. This is Rocky Magnusson! He is a boxer. We would have introduced him to you sooner, but we had a little trouble coming up with a name. When he first came home with us his name was Ruger. We decided it didn't really flow well, then we decided on Ranger, and Rambo those did not really do it for us either. Finally we settled on Rocky. Jeff thought that was cool cuz you know Rocky was a boxer. I think there is probably a lot of boxers named Rocky, but what is one more. The coolest name we had for a boxer was Ramsey, but he was our last dog and we had to put him to sleep back in January. It was a tramatic experience for us all. Hopefully this dog can have a longer lasting life. The kids seem to think that he belongs in the house, while I think he belongs in the backyard. Who will prevail? Right now I am, we will see how long that lasts. I am having a hard time with this dog because it feels like I have another baby, and I am just so past that point in my life. But I guess the good thing about having a dog, is when he starts to bug me I can throw his butt in the backyard, but wait, I do that with my kids too.

4 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

Oh.. he's a cutie! When you decide on his name for sure let us know... He's been thru more names than my baby!

Natilie said...

He is a cute dog and I like the name Rocky better than Ramsey!

Jenn said...

He is cute, however, I don't even want to have another puppy in my life, it is worse than a baby!! I hope he has a long heathly life!!

Jen Fannen said...

AWWWW, what a cutie!! He is a doll. I need a puppy, wait no, I just had 13. HA HA. That is my update since I don't have a blog myself. 6 Jack Russells, and 7 beagles. Oi! Oh, and one more English Bull dog. YEAH!! I love dogs. Glad you got another one. Wish I could see him in real life. HA.