Saturday, December 6, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

Jeff and Darren(Jeff's co-worker and good friend)left for Vegas last Sunday for training. On Wednesday Darren's wife Allison and I flew down to meet our men. It was an uneventful flight. We left our house about 11:30 and the plane left at 1:35. We walked up to the kiosk, got our tickets, checked our bags and had an hour to kill waiting for the plane to leave. Everything was smooth sailing. We landed in Vegas at 2:00 amidst a sea of cowboy hats. They were everywhere. It was the National Finals Rodeo this weekend. The first night we were in Vegas we headed over to the Tropicana to watch a show. Jeff and I have never been to a show. It was the Folies Bergere. It was really good. The costumes were amazing and the show itself was really fun. Jeff was sorely dissapointed in the costumes (they were wearing them), but he thought the show was okay. Apparently the 10:30 show was topless. Oh dang, sorry Jeff. So if you are ever in Vegas and want to see a show, check out the Tropicana. The earlier show has clothing (what there is of it) and the later shows do not. The next day while the men were in class Allison and I went over to the Orleans and watched Twilight. Allison had never seen it and I was to happy to see it again. It is better the second time.
Also, while in Vegas I discovered a new passion. It is called crapps. Oh my heck, that has got to be the funnest thing I have ever played. It was a blast. While at the crapps table I was propositioned by an old man. When I declined, we became buddies, and he even lent me 5 bucks so I could stay in the game. I won $60 bucks, and then I lost it all the day we left. Oh well, time and money well spent. All in all we had an amazing time. Thank you mom and Joyce for watching the kids.
Now we are home in our own soft beds, and soft water. It is good to be home, we missed the kids.

3 comments:

Natilie said...

Glad you are home and had fun. Creepy old men can be so generous. Did you pay him back?

The Fannen's said...

LMAO!! I want to know what the proposition was and how much he offered in return! ha ha Sounds like a lot of fun!

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. I can't wait for the day that I actually get to go on a vacation again :) Yay for soft water, once you start you can't go back!