Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School....

Colton is in the 8th grade this year. He really had no feelings about school or anything else today. He is to cool to react any more. He looked handsome though. Tomorrow will be better when the 7th graders come and he can check out some new babes.

Kinzie is now in the 5th grade. This is a fun year for her. She gets to do Clear Creek, maturation, and Hope of America. She was also in high spirits this morning. She was more excited to wear her new clothes than going to school.

Jaycie is now in 2nd grade. She was so excited to see all her friends and her new teacher. She was up early and actually had on her happy face. Most mornings we are greeted with her onery face, so that tells me she was pretty excited.

I started my new job at the High School today. I got the girls up and got them ready for school and then I had to go to work. Dad was going to take them to school. They were sitting at the counter eating their breakfast and as I was walking out the door I started to cry. I never cry when they leave for school. I guess me leaving them was just to much for this wussy mom to handle.

4 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

The kids look cute, I'm glad they were all happy to go back. I'm sorry you weren't.

The Fannen's said...

Trust me,I know all about how hard it is leaving them. Sometimes I still cry and it has been 3 years. Hopefully you will like your job. The kids are adorable.

Natilie said...

I cried with you today, though mine was because they left - rather I dropped them off and left them. Sad times. How is the new job?

dad said...

Maybe you were crying because you had to go to work, after all you took the big jump from Elementry school to High School bypassing Jr High on the way. Not many people pass Jr High completly you should be proud. The kids looked cute in their new togs. Just remember the smiles won't last.