Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Do I look old????


I am so sorry about the picture but it was the only one I had. The other night we went to the mall to get the boy some shoes. Kinzie and I walked into my favorite store Buckle. While perusing the jeans a young man that worked there came up to me and the conversation went like this:
Him: Do you have a daughter that is a professor at BYU?
Me: jaw dropping and indignation dripping off me "Do I look that old to you?"
Kinz: "Dude she is only in her 30's"
H:"oh aaaa, well you just look like her so I thought....You really don't look THAT old.
M:"Your foot is so far in your mouth right now I don't think it will ever come out, so you should just stop right now"
H: "Okay, if you need anything just let me know.
M: "You are THE last person I would ask to help me."

Look at this picture. Ignore the laugh lines and the crows feet, and tell me... Do I really look like I could have a daughter that old? Why couldn't she have been my smokin' hot twin? My self esteem had taken a nose dive. I am thinking botox might help.

10 comments:

Jenn said...

buckle, that explains it, one word - CHEEKY!! That is what I call people like that! I once ran into one of them at Chili's. That is another story, another day... They really tick me off!!! Hope the puppy is recovering :)!! And no you don't look that old!!!

Unknown said...

Go Kinzie!

He is obviously an idiot.
And blind.
And missing out on a sweet commission from you.

brinkworth bunch said...

botox huh, well maybe we can get a family discount, 2 weeks and counting for you I on the other hand have not had a birthday for 5 tears.

The Fannen's said...

NO, you do NOT look that old!!! You do not look old at all. Kinz is great, sticking up for mom that way! ha ha.

dad said...

Your still a baby to me

Natilie said...

He obviously was trying to make small talk and couldn't think of a word to say and so he suffered from an acute case of diarrhea of the mouth. It happens a lot in kids that age.

I think you are beautiful - and not at all old.

Mag Family said...

I i i know i am a great stick up for my mom hold the aplause please!!! Mom dont belive that jerkface,spassypants,those teenagers are stupid theese days!
Everyone love the stickerupper the great kinzie
YOU ARE NOT OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love kinzie again

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I think you look so young. You don't look old enough to even have Colton.
You are beautiful.

Natilie said...

Niki - I think you are a smokin' hot mother of a professor. But - If you need help signing up for AARP or changing the tennis balls on your walker please give me a call. You should also check into those new showers that you can sit down in. We are only concerned about your safety. Again, please give me a a call.

Thanks - Reed

The Brooks Family said...

You're so not old. If you were, that would make me almost old, and it's not happenin. You're definitely not old enough to be a mother of a professor - let alone a professor yourself. stop worrying!