Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Newlywed Game

Tonight was our ward Valentine party. Jeff and I were asked to be on the "newlywed" panel. Yeah we kicked some butt. We did practice a little, I won't lie, but I will tell you everything we practiced was not even a question. Yep, we had to wing it.
"What did you do on your first anniversary?" That was 15 freakin'years ago, I don't remember. I was going to say made whoopie, but it was a church function. We went to Anniversary Inn. Jeff remembered. "What Sesame Street character best describes your husband?" Duh, Oscar the Grouch.
We were contestants with 4 other couples. Us, a couple being married only 2 years, one that was 14, a 24, and 18. We were a couple points behind the 2 year couple, they were so not going to beat us, but we came back and tied. The tie breaker question " What is your wifes dream vacation?" Mexico. I don't know if that is my dream vacation but it won us a movie, box of popcorn, and chocolate. What more could you ask.
I do know that I had an easier time answering the question asked to me, than the other ones. Here are a few of the questions:
What ice-cream best decribes your marriage? Rocky Road He missed this
What song best describes your marriage? We had to pick from about 4. The winning answer was "you've lost that loving feeling." He answered correctly
Anyway you get the idea. We had a lot of fun and we won. I guess we do know each other pretty well. Or, we just know the other will answer with the funny comments. I love you babe, thanks for being a good sport.

5 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

Congratulations! We can also relate to "you've lost that loving feeling"

Natilie said...

Congratulations! We do not want to brag but we still have that loving feeling!!! ha ha

The Fannen's said...

That sounds like so much fun!! And, what IS a loving feeling? LOL. j/k. That's awesome you know each other so well.

Kerry and Dee Dee said...

Kerry and I won a newleyweds game at a Firemen's party quite a few years ago. We beat Dale and Karen, and Mac and Barbara. Hope yours was as much fun as we had!

Elder Cooper Smith said...

I am glad that was you that had to play that. They called us and wanted us to play but we had plans. Ryan and I would never have gotten those answers right. You are good.