Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow...

A couple of weeks ago Jeff came home and told me he was going to shave his head. I was pretty ticked, and then he told me the reason. One of the ladies that he works with has breast cancer, so to show their support, the whole department (save the ladies) were going to shave their heads. I was supportive of this reason. About 10:00 monday morning I went down to the police station to watch this happen.
Jeff told the lady, that he needed her in the garage and she came in just as they were shaving Chief Smith's hair. She started to cry. As each officer shaved their head, she teared up and they all received hugs.
One good thing about this is she couldn't ask for a better support system.

This is a picture of the whole department. I will post one of just Jeff soon.

3 comments:

Natilie said...

That's pretty cool. He looks good bald - it could be a keeper do!

Jenn said...

That was a very nice thing for them to do! Gary has been threatening to do that do, he is not loving the losing his hair thing!!

brinkworth bunch said...

Sounds like alot of love in that department. The whole city should be proud.